Saturday, June 02, 2007

Awakening

You hear that silence inside that causes violence to rise...
Cause you're not doing what you supposed to.

You dwindle and die as your nerve starts to shy...
Because you ain't man enough.

you're mind starts to shrivel as your soul starts to chisel...
Casue you've waisted your time.

Your heart stops to beat as you die in the heat of life...
Because you didn't quench that thirst.

I pray, "Not me Lord!"

So I open my eyes and my pulse starts to climb
cause I say fuck that!

My feet hit the street cause I refuse to be beat
cause I know God made me.

My fists start to clench as I grab my tools and wrench
cause this world's got some fixing to be done.

My heart starts to skip cause I got ideas that flip
my whole reality upside down.

The corners of my mouth start to rise cause my soul bursts inside
cause I feel like a kid again.

It burns from inside and I know it's divine
cause my spirit tells me so.

I don't know where it leads but walking this road starts to feed
my sprit
and that's all that I need.

I start to live

No comments: